Saturday, January 4, 2014

The orphaned and the widowed


In the last week I have seen more hurt and heartache than ever in my life. Today's agenda included an orphanage, I wasn't sure if I could take anymore despair at this point. 

We got up and traveled 7 hours by boat to Siem Reap. Actually not sure I'd call it a boat. More like a submarine where you could sit up on the roof. It was nuts. But fun! 

We left straight for the orphanage once we got here. I was excited but emotionally exhausted. I wasn't at all expecting what I pulled up to. There were kids everywhere, playing and running and laughing. The other half of our team arrived about 30 minutes before we did. Today was the most light hearted clinic we've had. It was just what my heart needed, and The Lord knew it. It felt more like a carnival than a clinic. We had face painting, balloons, games, soccer, and fairly HEALTHY kids! 

An orphanage in a third world country is where the most joy has been found thus far on the trip. If this doesn't prove the power of God's love despite the circumstances of this world, I don't know what does. We had such a good time today. 

God has been so faithful in providing us the strength and endurance for this trip. There were many times that we were taking one breathe after another, just praying we would get through the current moment. But then there were days like today, when we simply play, and laugh, and love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment