Monday, January 6, 2014

It's all for His glory


Today we spent all day touring Siem Reap and Angkorwat. It was incredible. Lots to see here! We rode elephants, walked around temples, shopped, and partied downtown tonight. Get a bunch of nurses and docs together that haven't seen true civilization in two weeks, and we make for a fun night! 

The community on this team is amazing. 75 strangers came together to put on two weeks of clinic in a foreign country. No matter where we went, we were doing great work. Whether we were at the scene of a traumatic accident, in clinic, or touring the city...this team was truly impacting lives, and all the glory belongs to the big guy upstairs. I've made life long friendships in the last couple weeks, and for that I'm so grateful. 

I also want to take a second to really brag on this culture. Their genuine kindness, honesty, and gratitude is always so evident. A couple of examples from just today- our tour van stopped off to at a bathroom. I go in to find a lady collapsing on the ground in front of me. Naturally, we do our nursing thing and help her. But oh man, when we were leaving, the Cambodians could not stop thanking us!! And it was the same way at the accident last week. I'm just amazed at the natural goodness in these people. I love it when it's reassured in me that we are truly made in the image of God. The second thing that happened today was when I set my phone down while shopping in a busy market. I walked away from it to another shop. The young Cambodian girl (probably living off less than a dollar a day) came running after me to return my phone! Do you know how much money that would have made her had she kept it?! I was in shock. I just love these people. So so much. 

And because I love these people so much, my heart was also breaking for theme as I walked around the ancient Buddhist temples. There's so much false worship and idolatry here. These people have been seeking truth for thousands of years. This is a group severely unreached by the gospel. As Christians we are called to reach out to the unreached. I'll be returning to Cambodia soon. 

Tomorrow is officially our last day in Cambodia. Tuesday we'll be in South Korea, and then home Tuesday night. So many mixed emotions about home. Don't even know where to begin. So thankful for what I have. A house with walls, a roof, and flooring. I have food and clean water. Not sure I've ever been actively thankful for these things. It's not until you're in a place where these things are few and far between, that we realize how blessed we are. It's not fair. Not at all. These sweet babies deserve more. Thankful that Jesus is all the more they need. I pray there is a day they all come to know Him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment